A Sign of Hope and Love


When we are in pain , Children of Divorce , and others dealing with other loss, often look for signs.  Some people see "signs" in a lot of happenings, and others choose to look at life more objectively.  I have tried to have a balanced view of "signs" , understanding that some things have reasons for how or why they happen , but at other times, we simply can not explain something that happens, except for that it may be somewhat supernatural.

Two years ago , right around Valentines Day,  as I was experiencing continued pain and adjustment to my parents divorce, I asked God to provide me with some sign of His love.   Something to help me know He was still there and there was still a purpose to all that was going on.

The photo above shows you what I saw a few days later.

The water in my terracotta birdbath had become icy in a perfect heart shape.  I have never seen this before or since!!  The "sign" made me smile and warmed my wintry heart!!!

 As you face your parents divorce today, and as you think about Valentines Day and love , you may feel sadness and a loss of hope.  You hear all the talk about love and then you are watching that love fade away between two people you love most.  You may not believe in looking for "signs" in a supernatural way or you may see "signs' in everything.

Wherever you find yourself in looking and seeing Hope and Love this month,  keep your eyes open.  You just may be encouraged by something you didn't expect that gives you a sense of hope and love as you face your parents divorce!!!

Comments

  1. Great text! Thank you very much! I believe Love is actually all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is hard, but looking for the silver linings and the blessings, even in the midst of something difficult, is possible. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Children of Divorce Sometimes Choose Estrangement

Adult Children Of Divorce and Grief

The Serenity Prayer Worksheet