Angry ACODs

                      "I want to yell at my parents".  "I am resentful".  "I hate them".

These are just a few words that express the deep feeling of anger that adult children have when their parents divorce.   Just as we have talked about Grief and Sadness, our new topic for adult children of divorce is Anger.  Or ANGER!!! 

When adults learn of the plan of a divorce of their parents, the feeling that there is something wrong, terribly wrong, is at the surface of our emotions.  I remember being so angry that I couldn't even truly express it for a while. When I finally was able to say the words " I am angry", then many other verbal expressions of anger came out, too.  Many of the discussion boards I have read include people's stories of how they are handling their anger. We will talk about normal responses to our anger and also about healthy ways to handle those feelings.

Usually ACODs are angry because of the abuse of trust, the lies and injustice that we may see at the hand of one parent , or both,  and we are angry because of the way our parents treat us .  Anger is often directed at ourselves or others as well.

Anger is a big topic and we will be talking about it next!!!

IF YOU HAVE FEELINGS OF ANGER BECAUSE OF YOUR PARENT'S DIVORCE, DESCRIBE HOW YOU FEEL.  


WHAT ARE YOU MAD ABOUT?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Children of Divorce Sometimes Choose Estrangement

Adult Children Of Divorce and Grief

The Serenity Prayer Worksheet